Improved security with Hornetsecurity ATP
Hornetsecurity has recently introduced its Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) module.
It is a step ahead in the protection of the threats that reach us by email and integrates seamlessly into spam and virus filters. It has been developed to identify and eliminate the latest security breach techniques, such as data hijacking (ramsonware), identity theft of people as the CEO or providers (spear phishing) or combined attacks of various techniques (blended attacks).
The Hornetsecurity ATP is based on five main functionalities:
- Sandboxing: Attachments are executed in a variety of system environments and their behavior is analyzed to determine wether it is malware or not.
- Freezing: Emails that cannot immediately be clearly classified but look suspicious are retained for a short period by freezing.
- URL rewriting: secures all Internet calls from emails via the Hornetsecurity web filter.
- URL Scan: Checks the target of all links that may contain an attached document (PDF or Microsoft Office file) in an email.
- Forensic fraud analysis: detects targeted personalized attacks without malware or links, such as identity theft or industrial espionage.